What are you celebrating today? Thanks to Ruth Ayers for the Celebrate Link Up.
- I got to meet my students for the first time. These young people will be my life for the next nine months. I will get to know each one of them and support them in their journeys through high school.
- “I thought this class was going to be boring, but I’m actually having fun.” –one of my students.
- Thanks to an impulse buy at my local Target, my bulletin board FRIGGIN LIGHTS UP!!!
- My students have already made me laugh.
- Being part of our school family. The teachers at my school have demonstrated once again that we are not just coworkers: we are family.
- BYOT has been awesome (so far). Some of my Writing Center students tweeted their 6 word Memoirs (you can see them in my Twitter feed).
- The Writing Center – It’s new, and I’m the first director. It’s based on a college peer tutoring model, and I couldn’t ask for a better inaugural group of tutors!
- Watching my “I’m not a reader” students choose books that they’re actually interested in reading.
- Being a teacher-mentor for a new reading specialist who is going to be amazing at her new role.
- Experimentation with new technologies: OneNote for classrooms, my classroom blog, and a new gradebook system.
I couldn’t ask to be part of a better school, a better faculty, or a better community. How could I not celebrate it?